Mucho exito y estupendiosos experiencias!

I am posting this a day late.  However......We had a great day yesterday! We had a short nite Friday night/Saturday morning as we needed to be back in Madrid for a bike tour.  (Our apartment is about 1 hour by train from center of Madrid).
But the bike tour was awesome, especially after we have been walking 8-10 miles every day.  The guide took us all over Madrid for 3.5 hours. We saw plenty and stopped periodically for water breaks and pictures.  They have some Egyptian ruins from a temple that would have been covered by the lake of the Answan Dam in Egypt. Cool but not necessarily from Spain.
After the bike tour we stopped at a pricey “pasteleria” (fancy bakery) and each of us tried a few pastry/chocolate delicacies (pictured).  The one I liked the best was the orange chocolate. So yummy, but not cheap. (2 euros for the 3 pieces).  Half of us ate our yummy delicacies, while the other half spotted a Subway (sandwich shop) across the street and got their sandwiches there.  Oh well, now I know.  It is interesting but we really aren’t eating a lot. The Spaniards have different eating hours, so when we are ready for our lunch (1 or 2 ish) everything is closed for their siesta.  And then we are usually doing something or going back home when they have their late meal (9 pm ish).  But of course, we are eating just fine.
When we got back to Alcala yesterday we had 15 minutes to get ready for the Health Fair for the ward.  We jumped in our uniforms, grabbed our stuff and wound our way to the bus station. It has been trial and error to find the right buses here and there, but we manage.  The Health fair was great.  It was just for the Relief Society but there were about 20 ladies there.  The students did so awesome!  I was proud of them, we taught about: Dementia/Alzheimers, First Aid/Seizures, Healthy Habits, and CPR and Choking.  The relief society ladies had made “typical” Spanish food for us for refreshments, including goat cheese/tuna/balsamic vinegar crackers, potato cakes, and empanadas.  It was delicious and great to eat something typical.  Everybody had a good time and the students finally felt useful I think. (I posted a bus success foto).
On the way home (10:30 pm) we needed to go to grocery store for Sunday, most were closed, but I got a fun picture of the students “over-taking” a small fruit market.  That is one thing that is great, there are lots of little fruit/veggie markets along the streets, so we can always pop in for our healthy foods.
Today has been a much needed day of rest. 
Church was fun. The Relief Society lesson was on keeping marriages healthy and the cute lady giving the lesson opened up quite a bit about her marriage. J  I wish I would have understood 100% of it, but most of us were giggling off and on during the lesson. 
OK, so we are having a great time. 1/3 of the whole experience is over already!  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Clinical and Mall